Saturday, June 13, 2009

productive play

I watched the rain fall with mixed emotions.

The land needs a drink. The roads need the water. And I love the smell of the forest and red earth after the rains fall. Plus, the skies have been thick and gray for days, grumbling and tumbling and twisting and shouting but never opening up. I'm sick of empty threats.

However, the rain stopped me in my tracks. I looked at the freshly cleaned whiteboard and list of "Things to Do," and I realized none could be accomplished in the rain.

Some people accuse me of being a workaholic. I disagree whole-heartedly. I just like doing things.

"But Catherine," they said as I looked longingly at the rain, "you work all day on the computer."

"It takes a lot of time to launch an NGO and raise funds for a business."

"But then you go back to the land and work."

I laughed. "That, my friend, isn't work. That's fun."


And thus, amazing things are unfolding on the land...even with the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment